Friday, August 9, 2013

Stampin' Addicts Fall Blog Hop: Banner Kit

Welcome to stop #9 on the Stampin' Addicts Fall Blog Hop.   This hop focuses on Halloween and Thanksgiving stamps, kits and accessories from the Holiday catalog.  Then in October, we'll showcase the Holiday section of the catalog. (Two hops = Twice the Fun!)  If you are hoping in order, than you've just arrived from the very talented Mary Rindal's {Scrap and Stamp with Mary} look at the Witch's Brew Designer Series Paper and Washi Tape. She always has fabulous creations.  If this is your first stop on the hop, all the blogs are linked in a continuous circle so you won't miss a thing.  If you get lost along the way or want to chat it up, visit Stampin' Addicts.

I love to create banners.  I've featured them on the hops before so it probably won't be any surprise that I picked the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit and the Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit to show you today.  The first kit includes 18 blank canvas pennants and the stencils you need to create different backgrounds and letters on the pennants.  The second kit helps you turn those plain pennants into a SPOOKY (or other Halloween word) banner.  And as a reminder, you can click on any of the pictures to get a closer look.

My first project showcases these two kits used together: 
I pretty much followed the instructions that come with the Halloween Banner Accessory Kit when I put this together, except I added a titch more card stock and some extra ribbon that I died to match the kit.

Now, what else could you do with that same Halloween Banner Accessory Kit?   Sara Douglass gave us an idea at convention:
This is a CASE of her mixed-media project, but I've added a few of my own elements to it as well.  See the chevron background behind the skull and crossbones?  I used the template that comes in the Build a Banner Kit to put it on the canvas.  The only accessories on here that aren't in the other kit are the letters,Witch's Brew Designer Series Paper and a little linen thread.

And the last one I am showing today is actually the first project I made with the kit:

For this one, I used the banners and the templates to created a Thanksgiving-themed banner featuring the Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper and the Burlap Ribbon from the Holiday Catalog and the Natural Buttons from the regular catalog.

I will be sharing more about the banners, including some tips with the templates, here on my blog on Monday.  And on Wednesday, I'll share more about the mixed-media project.  So be sure to check back.  Now you are off to Adriana's Escape to Stamp and her look at the adorable Oh Goodie stamp set.  You will not be disappointed.  Happy hopping!



15 comments:

Kim said...

Great ideas for the banner kits! Love your twist on the mixed media art.

Natalie said...

Paula, these are absolutely FANTASTIC!! I had to pin them all!

Unknown said...

Loving the "Blessed" banner. Going to have to make me one of those.

Heidi Baks said...

Love how you used the burlap ribbon on the blessed banner! Fun Halloween projects!

Paper Art Garden said...

The banners are so pretty. I love all the little details. The mixed media frame is a great idea.

Yapha said...

Great look at these banner kits. You really show how versatile they are with your amazing projects!

LeAnne said...

I am so glad someone used the banner kits this week! They are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players! And BTW, you still have your word verification on....if you need help changing that, let me know. It makes commenting a wee bit more challenging, and we want you to get all the comments you deserve!

Tanya Boser said...

GORGEOUS banners! I especially love the burlap banners with rosettes on the Thanksgiving banner :)

Missi said...

I love the mixed media frame! The chevrons really set of the main image. The banners are great!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Super cute, Paula...The chevron really punches up the frame, and your banners are gorgeous!

Debbi said...

You totally rocked the banners, Paula! I can't wait to open mine up and play now that I've seen yours. I'll be watching for more info on your mixed media project - love it!

Stacy said...

I LOVE all of these projects and am so happy that I have one of your Blessed banners to show off to my group. You are mighty talented my friend!

Nanette said...

Loving your banners! Make mine look dumpy!! Now, I do want to make another!! Thank you for sharing..

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love, love, love. Great projects and I, too, was aweed at how fun those are to make!

MaryR said...

beautiful banners! I especially love the BLESSED banner - you inspired me to start my first banner