Friday, January 18, 2013

Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop: Vintage Verse

Welcome to stop #6 on the Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop!  If you are hoping in order than you arrived here from Betty's Kitty Stamp Blog and saw the clever things she made with Happy Hello Simply Sent Kit.  If this is your first stop on the hop, all the blogs are linked together in a circle so you won't miss a thing. If you get lost along the way or just want to chat it up, visit Stampin' Addicts.  This year's Sale-A-Bration offerings are just fabulous.  There truly is something for everyone and you will get to see all of it during this blog hop.

Lucky me, I get to show you one of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration stamp sets: Vintage Verse.  I love the variety of fonts used in this set and the fun shapes of the greetings.  There are four stamps in the set and I am going to show them all to you today.  Three of the projects also feature paper from the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper and some the matching ribbon and button bundle.  Both of these are also exclusive Sale-A-Bration items.  I will be sharing more details about these projects on Monday and Wednesday next week so be sure to check back.

First, "Just because." I thought this was the perfect greeting for a tag.  Who doesn't like to receive a little something special just because.  The tag also features just a bit of that Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper and matching accessory bundle that I referred to before.

Next, I have my take on the hexagon card that has been all over the place since the Spring Catalog debuted.  Here, I filled it with more of the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper and paired it with the buttons and ribbon.  I can think of a few people in my life I could give a card to that says "There is only one you."  (And some of them I am glad there is only one of them. ;))  I do love the fun font and flourishes on this stamp.

Third, I made this thank you card for a recent swap and have been saving it to share with you on the hop.  This "Thanks" stamp is probably my favorite from Vintage Verses.  Here I paired it with another print from the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (are you sick of it yet?  Really it is fabulous!  You will want some to go with this and all the other Sale-A-Bration stamp sets).

Finally, a little gift box.  I wanted to keep it simple and since I have a lot of boys in my life, keep it masculine.  I did use a stamp from another Sale-A-Bration exclusive set, Madison Avenue, on the base of the box, but I wanted to let this beautiful greeting set stand as the focal point of the project.

Convinced you need the Vintage Verses and the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper yet?  Then I have done my job.  Come back on Monday and Wednesday to hear a little more about each of the projects.  Now you can hop on over to Kim's Stitchin' and Stampin' on Paper Blog to see her fabulous creations with Pretty Petites.  Happy hopping!



16 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Love the addition of the buttons on your hex card, and the muted masculine box is fantastic!

sue said...

Oh, that hex card is just charming!

Kim said...

These are all beautiful projects! Love that you cut out hexagons. Now tell my customers that wasn't hard at all.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Paula, your honeycomb card is my favorite of them all! So colorful and fun! The buttons add so much extra cuteness! Love your projects!!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

"of them all" of all the honeycomb cards I've seen...just being clear :)

Rachel OCrowley said...

Beautiful cards!

Kathy said...

What a great blog-hop! Love your cards, as always. Just beautiful!

Yapha said...

Fantastic projects, I love what you did with this set!! That honeycomb card is just amazing!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, adding buttons (and the tiny stamp) in the honeycomb panels is brilliant! Love all the projects, but this one just sings!

Betty said...

Wonderful how you complimented the style of the vintage stamps with the Sycamore St DSP! Just lovely!

Kelley said...

You've convinced me to buy that hexagon folder- nice job on that card!

Shine on!
Kelley

Katherine said...

I love your projects, and I think this stamp set is my favorite from the SAB Collection!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I didn't even really notice this set until I got your swap. How is that possible? I love them all--the tag is perfect. I need to give more just because treats!

Anonymous said...

The projects are all great; love the little masculine pouch. What a fun way to give a treat to my boys. And YES - now I want the paper!! :)

Debra Burgin said...

I love the Thanks card -- the colors are wonderful!

Tanya Boser said...

What a delightful bunch of projects! You did such a great job of creating a variety of projects :)