Monday, September 17, 2012

MDS Monday: Disney Vacation Pictures

It's time for MDS Monday again.  And today, instead of showing you a tip, I'm just going to share with you some page from the album I finished up last week just in time to get 31% off.  Most of the albums I've made so far are for an event like a family reunion or a family vacation.  Our family likes to travel a lot and one of our favorite places to go is DISNEYLAND!

At first I was worried that I would have a hard time using My Digital Studio to scrapbook Disneyland pictures.  I was concerned I would need to find some Disney-licensed elements to include with the pictures.  But as I got going, I decided it wouldn't matter: the pictures bring Disney to the album.  And with a few circle punches, anyone can make a Mickey head and since My Digital Studio uses the fonts you already have on your computer, I downloaded some "Disney" fonts and went from there.
'
First the cover.  I kept if very simple and didn't even include a picture on it:
Polka Dot Parade Digital Designer Series Paper, Digital Circle Punches. Font: Started by a Mouse.
 Then the inside cover:
Colors: Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Real Red and Pacific Point.  Small Polka Dot, Large Polka Dot and Grid Digital Designer Series Paper.  Digital Circle Punches.  Digital Stitching Embellishment.

And a few random spreads from inside:
Colors: Summer Sun, Custom Orange, Whisper White, Basic Black.  Digital Punches: Circles, Tasteful Trim Shape 1.   Digital Stamp Brush: Solid Stripes and Pumpkin Patch. Digital Embellishment: Stitching and Downtown Grunge Frame. Title font: Gracie's Curse
Colors: Real Red, Ruby Red.  Circle Digital Punch.  Digital Stitching Embellishment. Font: Started by a Mouse.
Colors: Rich Razzleberry and Tangerine Tango.  Digital Stamps: Decorative Overlays, Spooky Bingo Bits, Picture This Designer Kit.  Digital Embellishments: Candid Frames Designer Kit, Downtown Grunge Designer Kit (stitching).  Fonts: Gracie's Cruse and Nightmare Before Christmas.
Colors: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip.  Digital Stamps: Decorative Overlays.  Digital Embellishments: Downtown Grunge Designer Kit (Frames), Stitchings, Antique Brads.
The Album ended up being 52 pages so these are just a few samples.  I will show more in a few weeks.  And while the sale is over, the opportunity to get your free 30-day trial of MDS2 is not.  Head on over to my store and download your trial version for yourself.  Even if you have already used your 30 day trial of MDS, you can do it again for MDS2.

Come back on Wednesday for a closer look at some of the projects from my upcoming Halloween Class on September 29 and October 5.  It is always my most popular class and I have lots of prizes to give away so come on back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job. Love all the MDS elements you used.

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the recurring mouse heads to tie the pages together throughout. Great pages!

Yapha said...

Oh Paula, these pages are fabulous!! They feel really Disney-ish with just the MDS elements! Love it!!! Can't wait to see more!

Tanya Boser said...

Love how you used the punches to make the Mickey head! Definitely no shortage of the Disney magic there :)