Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Creative Elements Step It Up Swap - Take 2

On Monday, I showed you a card I made for a swap on Stampin' Addicts: Creative Elements Step It Up Swap- Take 1.   I promised to show you the "Stepped Up" version of the card today. Drum roll please:

Colors: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Creative Elements and Delightful Dozen. Big Shot: Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Punches: Decorative Label and Large Oval, Scallop Circle.  Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels and Basic Gray Satin Ribbon.
I wanted to add some texture to the card so I ran it through the Big Shot using the Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and added a ruffly ribbon treatment.  For the ribbon, I applied a sticky adhesive tape to the ribbon and to the card where the ribbon would go.  Then I started applying it at the bottom and just kind of pinched and gathered it as I went and wrapped the other end around the layer of the card.

Isn't that a fun idea for a swap?  I have one more set of these cards to share with you next week.   In the mean time, happy stamping!

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Oh I love this version, too!! All the texture you added is great, especially that ruffled ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Nice! They are both beautiful, but I am a sucker for ribbon!

Twila said...

Oh Paula! Love the added texture after you stamped it. Beautiful card!

Tanya Boser said...

I have this lovely creation, na-na-nah-boo-boo! I love it!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, gorgeous! Makes me ask why I don't have that ribbon!! Thankfully, I have the set!

Carmen said...

Perfect!

Katherine said...

This is a gorgeous card. The color combination is stunning! - I wish I had signed up for that group!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great color combo, Paula! Love how you put the scallop circle and decorative label together to mat the sentiment.