Friday, December 30, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Blog Hop

Welcome to stop #2 on the Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Catalog Blog Hop.  If you're hopping in order, then you've just come from Tanya's Tinkerin' in Ink blog.  Isn't she clever?  I love what she did with that Doily Sizzlet.  If this is your first stop, no worries.  We are linked together in one big loop so you won't miss a thing. If you get lost at any time head on over to the Stampin' Addicts for a complete list of participating bloggers, or just to chat it up!

This Occasions Mini Catalog introduces some brand new things to the Stampin' Up! Big Shot repertoire and I'm excited to share two of those products: Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies and the coordinating Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.  Edgelits are wafer-thin dies that let you see exactly where you are placing the design before you cut a border on your project. The set in the mini comes with two different designs. The coordinating embossing folders add texture to those borders to make them even fancier. The embossing folder set includes three different designs.  I'm featuring three projects today with these and other products from the catalog. As always, you can click on the picture to get a better look.

The first card features one of the Edgelits fancy borders and the coordinating embossing folder.  I just love this shape and the texture!  The dotted line above that is from the Bordering on Romance set which also coordinates perfectly with the Adorning Accents sets.  You might also notice the new Twitterpated Designer Series Paper and the fabulous 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon on the card, also from the mini catalog.  And all three of my projects also feature the Loving Thoughts stamp set from the mini, which has quickly become my go to greeting stamp since I its arrival.  I will provide more details and a different card with the same layout on Monday.


For this one, I used the scalloped Edgelit to make a fancy border on this card box and on the cards inside as well.  You might be thinking to yourself, why would I want this when I have a punch that does the same thing?  If you look closer, you can tell that the scallops are also scalloped on this design which makes it even fancier than what you can get from the punch. The box also features more of the Twitterpated paper and the pleated satin ribbon.  I have more detailed pictures of the box and cards that I will share on Wednesday so you'll definitely want to come back then.

The third Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder doesn't have a matching Edgelit, but embosses a band of small hearts on your project.  Here I used it with the brand new Hearts Framelit dies to make an old school Valentines.  I love the Framelits as much as the Edgelits and I'm sure you will see a lot of them throughout the hop.  The Pleated Satin Ribbon makes another appearance here as well as the Loving Thoughts and Take It To Heart Stamp set. I will share more details of this project on Friday.

I hope you have enjoyed this look at these fabulous new products.  I have loved using them the past few weeks and I know you will love them too!  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back next week for a closer look. Next stop on the blog hop is Twila's Stamp a Little Longer with a look at a great Valentines set called P.S. I Love You.  Happy Hopping!


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects, Paula. Can't wait to give them a try. Love the row of embossed hearts going across the large heart. So sweet!

Yapha said...

So happy that I have the first one in real life! That box of cards is fantastic, too! And oh that heart!! I love it!!! What a fabulous idea!!

KatheD said...

Your "old school" Valentine is totally fabulous, Paula! I don't make very many Vanlentine cards (because I don't usually send them), but I will be trying to make one similar to this one!

Heidi Baks said...

Your "old school" heart is just gorgeous!

Carmen said...

Fantastic projects!! I love them all!! Can't wait to order these!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

So pretty Paula!! Gorgeous work!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Gorgeous!! Love the heart. Can't wait to get my Edgelits!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful Paula! Love the last heart the most... just wrapped some of that ribbon around hearts this week myself! It's so pliable, goes around the curves so nicely! Fabulous ideas!~

Tania said...

Those projects are fabulous. I am still debating tese Edgelits, etc., because I have a Cuttlebug as opposed to a Big Shot and I do NOT want to change.

Shelley Z said...

Absolutely beautiful! Now I need some of that pleated ribbon! I had talked myself out of it. Really wishing I had some!

Cindy said...

Proud owner of that first card here! It's even more lovely IRL. The little box of cards is sweet, and the Valentine at the bottom looks like the cover on a box of fancy chocolates! Love it (and pinning it)!

Kim said...

Beautiful Valentine! Love the card box too!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Beautiful! The first card was one of my favorite swaps. And the Valentine is definitely a wow!

Tanya Boser said...

Paula, these are delicious! I especially love your Valentine :)

Unknown said...

Your valentine would make a great little treat box! I wasn't sure if I'd want some of that pleated ribbon, but I just ordered some!!

Debbi said...

Awesome projects Paula! So happy I got to see the first IRL. The ribbon around the image is the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love love the box! Cant wait to see what you will be showing on Monday!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Wow Paula! Love the old school valentine! As usual I was super impressed with the pleated ribbon in the mini, but I LOVE how you've used it to edge things! It is perfect around that heart. Love your box and the first card too. Great job.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Great projects! I just got the top one in my swaps-- I love it!

Missi said...

You've come up with some great projects, again!! Love the "Old School" Valentine!

Twila said...

Paula, super job! I LOVE the last one, that heart had me at hello...:) Happy New Year!

Debra Burgin said...

That heart is stunning. I'm hoping for chocolates underneath....